Sunday, October 19, 2008

Holiday Craft Sites - Free Projects


I thought I would check around for some sites that offer free craft projects for the holidays since they are right around the corner. These would be great sites to look for a fun, new project to start on your own, with a friend, family member or just spend a day creating with the kids. I'd like to share a few sites that I found today that offer free craft projects, free patterns and more for arts and crafts.

All Free Crafts
The project I really fell in love with on this site is the Paperback Christmas Tree. This is a great idea because it involves recycling. If you have some old paperback books that you were going to toss why not make them into something new like this Christmas tree. It's so very simple and you can make quite a few trees with just one paperback book for a lovely display.

North Pole Christmas offers a variety of free patterns and shapes for templates. I love their Santa Patterns. These are great if you need a template for any number of projects, sewing, woodcraft and foam are just a few.

Danielle's Place of Crafts and Activities
has a great selection of kid's crafts for Thanksgiving. I think my favorite is the Thanksgiving Poem Placement, I love this idea. The placement has a poem that you can copy and paste onto your project, but having the kids make up a poem for each family member with their own drawing would be special to each recipient.

No comments:

Indie Sista's Profile

Indie Sista's is a blog dedicated to the independent artist and the supplies needed to create.

Assemblage, art, crochet, fashion, jewelry, knitting, scrapbook, sculpture, vintage and more.